The results are in!

Ok, got the call today! The scale here is 0-5, 0 being no reaction and 5 being the worst. 

Coconut=2
Green Peas=2
Garlic=3

I can't remember if I blogged about this or not, but I majorly struggled over which milk alternative to give Gavin.  Soy or Coconut?  After a lot of research, prayers for wisdom, and going back and forth, I finally settled on coconut milk. I picked the one he is allergic to!!!! My mother's instinct is broken! :(  I'm having some major mommy guilt over this one.  I did, however, feel a little better when I caught myself thinking, "Green peas! What kind of mother gives her child green peas???" Hello?  Only every mother on the earth! Lol! And garlic?  Who is allergic to garlic??? I guess Gavin is. I use garlic powder on just about everything I cook because garlic is amazing.  Or at least it used to be!  The doctor says to make sure he doesn't get any of these things for 2-3 weeks, see how he does and then check back. With any luck (and we sure could use some at this point), we will all be sleeping better soon. Although, the people I'm connecting with in the support group I found are freaking me out a little about the sleeping issues.  I'm not even going to say how long it took their kids to start sleeping better.  Just pray for 2-3 weeks please!!!!!! :)

Comments

  1. Glad that they finally know what Gaving is allergic to. Kisha, you cannot blame yourself or feel guilty at all. You are a great mommy to Gavin. You have spent countless hours researching, going to the doctor, and getting advice on what is best for your child. At least you finally have an answer and know what to do. We will be careful at any family gatherings to not put these ingredients in the food. :) I will be praying for sleep soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lindsay! Can I countless dollars to your list? :) I appreciate your support and prayers so much!!!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree wit Lidsay. Baby G has some of the best parents I know. An alternate way of thinking is that if you hadn't chosen the coconut milk, then you would have never found out...which could have later resulted in a really bad reaction. I'm not sure what it is like to be a mommy but I know that God has everything in his hands. I too will be praying for lots of sleep for all three of yall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. <3 ya Keisha! I am so sorry for all that you are going through as a first time mommy. Your "mommy" isn't broken! I can't imagine how difficult all of this is for you! Thoughts and prayers your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Jada and Shannon! Jada, you make a good point! Love you too, Shannon! YOu are such a good mommy! I always knew you would be! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts